SoundCloud Data Visualization
by Andrew Sinclair
This project displays some features of comments made on the website SoundCloud.com. On SoundCloud users can listen to and comment on music.
- Displays album artwork and the waveform for a specified song data set.
- Moves along the song waveform in time with the song.
- Displays the profile pictures of the four comments nearest to the current time in the song.
- Lazy texture loading allows for large numbers of profile pictures to be rendered.
- Two shaders used: one for textured objects and one for non-textured objects.
- Displays representations of comment lengths in both characters and words normalized to the largest value the dataset for each.
- Included Python script generates new datasets to render based on songs hosted on SoundCloud.
The project requires SOIL (Simple OpenGL Image Library) and only builds on Mac OSX.