Room Escape Game
by Calvin Wong
A room escape game (written in C++ / GLUT / OpenGL) involving heirarchical models, textures (with alpha mapping), simple animation, and a point light (with phong shading).
The story: the end of times has arrived (and ripped off the roof of your studio apartment as well).
You must interact with the objects in the room to find the key and escape to your freedom!
- Pitch & yaw camera movement and translation of camera
- 6 interactive heirarchical models created with the GeometryCreator
- Event and key-press triggered animations
- Textured skybox and ground, plus a door and window created through alpha mapping/li>
- A point light at the skybox's "star," with full phong lighting
A view of the textured skybox from the back of the room.
The used fuse box and ready-to-use phone.
The desk area, before pulling out the chair.
The desk area, after pulling out the chair.
The plane flying in through the window.
The open doorway and window (created via alpha mapping).
- Hardwood Texture - Texture for the room's floor
- Skybox Texture - Texture for the skybox
- Provided GeometryCreator.cpp and MStackHelp.cpp for heirarchical models
(Mac and Linux only) Make the project and run with ./a.out.