by Kyle Hodgkinson
For my 471 final project, I collaborated with Art student, Bryan Bell, to model Animal playing the drums. This project is completed in C++, GLUT, and OpenGL. Bryan Bell created the 23 individual model pieces of Animal's body, and I hierarchically modelled them together. I also created and modelled the drumset he is playing. Pressing different keys on the keyboard corresponds to Animal hitting different drums.
- BASS Audio Sound library integration with GLUT keyboard calls
- Realistic and accurate drumming positions of arms. (I am my source here since I play drums)
- Animal can hit any drum from any arm configuration
- Arm calculations and angles are robust and will not break, not matter how fast and wild you try to play
- Animal does hit every drum (visually - i.e. he does not miss)
- Complete drumset created with geometry primitives (including moving bass pedal)
- Ability to play an MP3 to drum along with (pressing 1)
- Set the materials for individual pieces of model
- Textured floor and building
- Bryan Bell for models.
- Grant Plaster for help with Object File Parser.
- Mark Henry for reference to sound