by Darren Huang
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been one of my favorite games ever since I played it. In this project, I'm trying
to create a scene that imitates Hyrule Field, a huge field in the center of the game world. The user can move around and explore the
characters and objects within the field. There's also a day-and-night cycle (like the actual game), which affects the lighting in the scene.
- A camera that allows the user to move around freely and explore the world
- A day-and-night cycle. The light source moves slowly above the scene (the sun during day and the moon during night). All objects are shaded
accordingly with Phong shading
- More than 10 different meshes, including characters, nature, and enemies, all texture mapped
- Collision detection with all objects on the ground (except for the treasures).
- A skybox that gets brighter and darker depending on the time of the day
- The W, S, A, D keys move the camera around forward, backward, left, right, respectively
- Scrolling with the mouse changes the camera's pitch and yaw angles
A screenshot of the scene during day. You can see Saria saying goodbye to Link and Epona. Notice the lighting on the distant mountains
A screenshot of the scene at night, including some enemies.
Some hidden treasure?
The Models Resource (has all the Zelda meshes)