Basketball Hierarchical Modeling Animation!
By: Corrigan Johnson
An animation of a hierarchically modeled basketball player dribbling and shooting a basketball (written in C++ / Eigen / OpenGL). A directional light source was used to illuminate the player, hoops, and ball (with phong shading).
- Basketball player composed of a head, neck, torso, upper arms, lower arms, hands, 5 fingers per hand (two joints per finger), hips, upper legs, lower legs, and feet.
- Basketball player can dribble a basketball.
- Basketball player can shoot a basketball over his head from half court. The shot follows the trajectory of a circle to the backboard and then bounces back to the player's hand.
- Free move camera that allows the user to zoom in and out, strafe around the scene, and rotate the focus of the camera.
- Stay organized! There are a lot of parts to model so keeping your code clean is the only way to keep your sanity.
The basketball player model is fairly complex since there are so many different components. Use the comments spread throughout the model to understand what is going on.