by Andranik Chilian
In my project I tried to create a peaceful forest scene. The user can explore this scene by either walking around or flying within the confines of the forest. In the center there is a clearing with a small, long abandoned cabin. As the user explores they will experience a day and night cycle with appropriate lighting effects to match.
- The user can move freely through the world, either by walking or flying
- A day-and-night cycle. The angle of light moves slowly above the scene during day. Light coloring is linearly translated between bright reddish colors for the sun and a cooler blue tone to represent the moon. All objects are shaded
accordingly with Phong shading
- A few different meshes for trees, grass, shrubs, and the cabin, all texture mapped
- Collision detection with the boundries of the forest and the ground when flying
- The W, S, A, D keys move the camera around forward, backward, left, right, respectively
- Moving the mouse changes the camera's pitch and yaw angles
- The E key toggles between walking and flying modes. Pressing E while flying will snap the user to the position closest the ground beneath them
An overview of the entire scene. All tree and shrub locations are procedurally generated. In addition each tree has a shrub at its base
A screenshot of the cabin during the day.
Another screenshot of the cabin, but this time at night