By: Hilary Schulz
Always wonder what it's like to be a fish? With my graphics final project, you are now able to! This aquarium simulation allows you to toggle the view from inside and outside a randomly generated fish tank. Inspect the tank from all angles with different key presses and mouse movements while also changing the lighting of the tank from day to night time.
- Ability to move the camera in all directions using WASD keys.
- Ability to toggle views from inside and outside the fish tank.
- Randomly generated seaweed and coral locations within the tank.
- Hierarchical modeling and animation of fish.
- Ability to toggle day and night time.
- Blinn-Phong implementation of blue lighting in the tank.
- Dynamic texture coordinate changes for tank walls to create real life water movement using a sinusoid equation. (See references)
- Bloom shader implementation using one pass Gaussian blur when tank is in night mode. (See references)
- Ability to toggle between different fish tank floor textures.
- Alpha mapping and dynamic sinusoid equations applied to seaweed and coral textures using high poly obj planes.
- Bounds for camera's ability to travel inside or outside of the fish tank.
- 'E' & 'R': x direction light movement
- 'T' & 'Y': y direction light movement
- 'V': toggle inside/outside tank
- 'B': change tank floor textures
- 'L': toggle day/night
- 'W': move forward
- 'A': move left
- 'S': move backwards
- 'D': move right
- technique for ripple texture mapping used on tank walls
- technique for bloom shader used on tank floor
I do not own any of these textures, they were only used for this project.