1.5.2 Related System - The Lantiv Timetabler
Project Homepage - lantiv.com
Project ScreenShots - lantiv.com/en/screenshots.asp
The Lantiv Timetabler is a free program that is open to donations.
Different elementary schools have purchased this software and use it.
The software is still currently being developed to add more functions,
but the current release is stable.
- Contains a central database to store classrooms, teachers, and room numbers
- Contains a conflict manager that will notify the user of conflicts
- Extremely colorful and user freindly graphics
- Allows user to modify schedule after creation
- Contains a preference tab that allows the user to set preference on different
- designed first and foremost as a scheduler for schools where teachers don't change rooms
- Not open-source, developing additional code would be hard
- there is only one central databae, each additional project works off
the original database
- Requires windows XP to use
- no sourcecode
- no way to create more projects
Overall, the Lantiv Timetabler contains many great feature that our Scheduling tool would use
However the lack of open-source means that developing code to add or subtract feature would
be impossible. This tool is defintly a base that we would want to start building our own program
on. It contains feature like the database, conflict manager and the perference tool which are
key feature we want our tool to have.
| Next: [none]
| Up: intro
| Top: index