1.5.4 Related System - CyberMatrix Class Scheduler
Project Homepage - http://www.cyber-matrix.com/csched.html
Project ScreenShots - http://www.cyber-matrix.com/csched.html#screen
CyberMatrix Class Scheduler is an easy to use single or multi-user application for scheduling students classes. The software is ideal for schools and other educational institutions that need to quickly schedule classes.
Enter a group of needed classes for a student and choose from list of
class schedules. Optimally assign rooms and instructors to
Schedule whole groups of students at one time.
Automatically setup class times and the assignment of rooms and
instructors before student scheduling actually takes place.
Share schedule data over your network for all your students and
Use the search feature to find all students that take a particular
class or that share a common classification, such as band students.
Enable security to ensure students can schedule courses without being
able to change the classes of other students.
Use the schedule view to view by class schedule, student
instructor schedule and by classroom schedule.
View schedule reports for one or many schedules just as they
would appear on the screen.
Schedule classes on the hour, half-hour or any other fraction of an
If you are from a non-English speaking country, you can easily convert
the software text into your own language equivalents.
Exchange class data with other programs via the CSV import/export
feature. Access data from other database applications using the ODBC
- Class Scheduler costs $100 (US) for a single license.
- Site license costs $3500.
- Source code is not available.
- The UI looks very outdated.
- It can only be used on Windows Systems.
- Not compatible with Windows Vista.
- Limited portability.
- Not sure if multiple schedules can be open at once.
- No way to set room preference by distance.
- No way to set room preference by time proximity.
- No defaults are set when a new schedule is created, but you can open a pre-existing one.
- Not sure how the scheduler deals with conflicts.
- No way to allow multiple levels of administration; just one scheduler (admin) and
one end-user (normal user).
- No way to tweak the schedules after creation.
- No way to assign priorities to scheduling criteria.
- No class enrollment contract.
- Cannot sort instructors by priority.
Overall, the CyberMatrix Class Scheduler seems to have many of the features that are desired for our project. The client should consider viewing their flash tutorial to determine if the CyberMatrix Class Scheduler is a viable solution. There is a limited free trial available for download at http://www.cyber-matrix.com/csdownloads.html. Due to the fact that CyberMatrix Class Scheduler is a commercial application its customizability is limited. There are other issues that can be read at their Frequently Asked Questions section.
NOTE: The free trial has not been evaluated due to the limited resources of my computer, and the inability to install it on a Unix system.
| Next: [none]
| Up: intro
| Top: index